Established in 2005, within The Department of Literature in the Faculty of Letters, Galaţi, ranked B, according to the CNCSIS evaluation, the Research Center for Intercultural Communication and Literature represents today an academic philological unit bringing together the teaching staff of The Department of Literature, linguistics and journalism, prestigious national and international researchers as honorary members or members of the Scientific Council, as well as Master’s degree students enrolled in the study programs managed by the Department.
As a research structure, the Center carries out specific activities, in partnership with institutions, foundations and similar academic units, aiming at:
- stimulating the quality scientific research activity of the academic staff and of the researchers who are part of the Center, of the Master’s students affiliated to the study programs managed by the Department of Literature, Linguistics and Journalism, the Faculty of Letters, "Dunărea de Jos" University of Galați;
- drawing up, submitting and implementing projects with national and international funding in collaboration with teachers and researchers affiliated to the research centers/partner institutions from Romania and from abroad;
- expanding collaborations with prestigious research centers from Europe, on topics related to intercultural dialogue, multiculturalism and multilingualism;
- stimulating the publication of teachers’, researchers’ and Master’s students’ individual and collective research results in journals from the main international scientific flow, indexed in prestigious international databases, in Acts of international scientific events, in author and collective volumes published by CIL, reviewed by senior prestigious specialists, who are nationally and internationally recognized;
- organizing international scientific events with academic research scientific standards of excellence;
- publishing common thematic issues of the journals edited by CIL;
- compiling and publishing, at prestigious publishing houses (publishing houses acknowledged by CNCS, type A or B) from Romania and from abroad, a series of thematic volumes bringing together the results of the research conducted by academics, specialists, Master’s students from the CIL research teams;
- conducting research internships, within CIL and other research/institutional partners, for teachers, specialists, Master’s degree students, who are members of CIL, funded by means of research, development and innovation projects, having different beneficiaries, or by means of own funds;
- disseminating the results of the research both directly, by means of the CIL site (https://centruldecercetarecomunicareinterculturala.wordpress.com/), and indirectly, by means of the research/institutional partners’ sites;
- providing training, expertise, counselling, consultancy and evaluation specific to the following domains: Philology, Cultural studies and Communication studies.